Twitter Announces Cover Photos For Profiles
Today, Twitter announced that it will be rolling out a few design enhancements to its profile pages giving users the ability to customize their profiles with header photos which will appear above their Tweets, similar to what you can currently do on Facebook and Google+ profiles with cover images. These new cover photos will be visible on Twitter.com and on the company’s official iPhone, iPad and Android apps which have also seen updates today. Here is what Twitter has to say about some of the key changes to the new profile pages:
Profile header photo: All Twitter users can feature a new header photo on their profile pages that will appear across mobile and desktop. Simply upload a custom image or select a pre-loaded theme in the design tab within your settings page. For advertising partners with an enhanced profile page (EPP), this new header image replaces the EPP banner. However, these advertisers will still be able to pin Tweets at the top of their timelines to spotlight their most important or timely content.
Background image: Twitter users now have more control of the creative elements within the background image on their profile page. The new design gives marketers the flexibility to align the image and, therefore, use both left and right side of the background image to display rich, engaging content. The photos module on the profile page has also been enhanced to show the most recent six images a user has shared.
Twitter users can switch to the new profile design starting today by uploading new image assets. Eventually, all profiles will be updated to the new design automatically but we’ll notify all users before making this change.
What do you think of the new updates?
- The Road to Success Through Paid Social Amplification - 22/11/2014
- How Has Social Media Affected The Scottish Referendum? - 17/09/2014
- How to Manage & Upload to Instagram from the Web - 06/08/2014
- 5 Signs Your Website Needs a Redesign - 23/04/2014
- Is Controversy the Cure for Content Shock? - 21/03/2014
- Social Media And The Retail Experience - 14/03/2014
- Long Form Content People Want to Read - 19/02/2014
- 8 Reasons Infographics Are Still Essential to Content Marketing - 13/01/2014
- Bad Content Curation Is Killing the User Experience - 30/12/2013
- 3 Quick Tips to Create Great Content in 2014 - 29/11/2013